Friday, September 18, 2009

What a Fun Day!

Today was Sam's Friday off, so we packed up our little family and did a little running around. It was so nice to get out in the beautiful weather, but my energy level was pretty low still. Sam took us up to his school to show us the campus and to take care of a few things. We drove through and then Christina and I waited in the car since she was napping so peacefully. We decided to head on to the mall on the way back so off we go. It's so funny how much has changed in a few very short weeks! We used to just park the car and off we went into the mall, but this time we parked the car, I climbed into the backseat to feed and change her, Sam got out the stroller and finally, after about 30 minutes we were ready to head into the mall. We had a little surprise as I was changing Miss Chris when her umbelical stump came off. It shocked me when I saw it on her onsie, but I guess it was time.

We went into the mall and checked out some prices on having her pictures done and then she started to get a little fussy. We walked around a little more, but decided it was time to go. I really think that all of the noise and action going around her was just too much just yet. She usually falls asleep in the car, but she was in and out of sleep all the way home. We got home and I tried to comfort her in the quiet of her nursery, but she was having a really hard time calming down. After about an hour she finally settled in for a nap and she has been sleeping since. My poor girl. Oh, poor mommy and daddy tonight! I have a feeling she'll be up quite a bit.

We are looking forward to her Baptism class on Sunday. Her godparents and grandparents will be here early Sunday for brunch and then grandma and grandpa will babysit her while we go on to the class for a few hours. I feel so bad leaving her, but she will be with her grandparents, and there is no one I trust more to take care of her. Plus, I didn't want to use the Church nursery and put her around a bunch of other kiddos and some random sitter just yet.

All in all, this is shaping up to be quite a nice weekend with my new little family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment