Saturday, August 15, 2009

36 Weeks and Counting!

We are now at 36 weeks 3 days and I am a ticking time bomb. I saw the doctor this past Tuesday and he said that I am 1.5 cm dialated and 80% effaced. My last injection was last Monday and he said that I would give birth in about ten days. So close! He said that if I'm still pregnant through this week, he would start inducing Thursday/Friday. He also said that if I do go into labor before then, that he would do nothing to stop it. Well wouldn't you know that I went to labor and delivery Thursday evening thinking we were going to meet our princess and the doctor stopped my labor! WTF? He said that as long as there is a chance of keeping her in until 37 weeks, he would do it. I am completely on board with that and I appreciate what he is doing, but I just wish he had not told me he would not stop labor and then go and stop it. I'm on strict bedrest now and I'm just waiting to see what happens. My next doctor's appointment is Monday morning and I'm hoping that the contractions I've had this weekend will have caused some changes. We shall see.

Other than that, not much else to report. I have reached the end of my rope and I feel like my body has run out of fuel. I know this is all worth it and blah blah blah, but I am so ready to be through all of this and I'm so ready to be holding my precious baby. I am so disappointed because tomorrow we were going to the baptism class and now that I'm stuck on bedrest we have to wait until the next class, which I believe is sometime in September. I really wanted her to be baptised immediately. It's ok though - it will all work out.

I'm so thankful for my friends and family who have been so patient with me. I've been such a grump lately and I am so grateful to those of you who just listen to my rants and raves. I have not necessarily taken all of this as gracefully as I would have liked, but hey, it's much harder than I expected. Going through this has given me a whole new appreciation for my own mother, and for mothers who choose to go through pregnancy more than once!

Hopefully I'll be able to post a birth announcement in the next week or so!

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Maria, in spite of your grumpiness. :) You've been a trooper.

    ReplyDelete