Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It Has Been FOREVER!

I've been meaning to update for a while, but I never seem to get around to much these days. Tomorrow will be 35 weeks and we are quickly closing in on the time when we will hold our precious baby girl! It's funny to me how some days it feels like this pregnancy has lasted forever, but other days, like today, I can't believe how fast this has gone!

Sam and took a childbirth class Saturday and I left the class questioning EVERYTHING. I had no idea how I would make it through, or even if I would be able to. It's strange because it's obvious where babies come from and how they get here, but when you realize that you will be the one going through all of this, it's a real eye-opening realization. Something you just don't understand unless you have been there. Sam was reassured after the class because he felt that now he pretty much knew what to expect. I on the other hand needed a few days to process all of that information. Thank God for my friend Christy. I really don't know how I would have been able to compartmentalize all of that without her. She somehow knows what to say to calm me down and reassure me about all of this. I'm so incredibly blessed to have someone who convinces me that I can do this, even when I really don't believe I can.

Sam and I officially asked Christina's Godparents to be her Godparents about two weeks ago. Juan and Lorena are an awesome couple, and I can't wait for them to meet their Goddaughter in a few weeks! I always knew they would be her Godparents, but it really solidified our decision at my babyshower. Everyone was introducing themselves and when we got to Lorena she said she knew me for however long and then my cousin Vanessa said, "it must be a long time because I know you". They are so involved in our family that my extended family even knows them. My sister also made a comment that she feels like they ARE family. It only makes sense. They are more than just friends now. They are family.

As the time gets closer and closer, I'm getting more and more anxious. I'm working on packing my hospital bag and getting last minute things tied up. I need to buy just a few more things for Baby Christina, but other than that, we are completely ready. It's scary that our lives are changing forever very soon, but it's a change we are ready for. We have waited so long for this moment to arrive. I can't believe that our little miracle is almost here! I can't wait to hold her and feel her skin on mine. I can't wait to hear her little cry. She will never have any idea how loved and wanted she is.

3 comments:

  1. Love you, Maria. I am so happy for you.

    And, I know Christy has already helped convince you, but you will be a wonderful mother to this little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know I will be a wonderful mother to her. That was never a fear - it was more the idea of giving birth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I haven't kept up with everything and I wasn't able to make it to your shower. I wish I could have made it. All kinds of things have been happening/going wrong - just life in general. Anyways, back to what I started to say..lol

    I'm soo happy for you. I know you are excited. You will do great through the delivery. Whatever happens, happens. Just lay back, try and relax and go with the flow. And if you are smart, and getting drugs (lol) you won't care what or how it happens as long as it happens! Lol.

    And even if you aren't having drugs, the moment they place her in your arms and you get to meet your beautiful daughter for the very first time, everything else is out the window. You won't care one bit about how the delivery happened because your bundle of joy has been delivered!

    ReplyDelete