Saturday, February 14, 2009

We Are Going To Be Parents!

That's right! We found out last Thursday that we are going to be parents in September! 09-09-09 to be exact (we'll see what the baby decides though). I have been feeling "partly cloudy" for a while and I finally decided to take a home pregnancy test on Super Bowl Sunday. The sucker was positive before I even put the cap back on! I took another the same evening and got the same results. I took another Monday morning and it was still positive! At this point I'm thinking that there is a pretty good chance that I'm pregnant, so I made an appointment with an OB-GYN that I chose blindly from my list of docs. on my insurance company's website. They only do ultrasounds on Mondays and Thursdays so I had to wait three agonizing days until I could see him. In the meantime, I took a fourth test and woohoo! Still positive! Things are looking pretty good by this point.

Sam and I arrive at the doctor bright and early last Thursday and they took us back for the ultrasound. As soon as the ultrasound tech put the want on my tummy our beautiful bean popped up on the screen. We must have startled him/her because his/her arms and legs were waving all around. We heard the heart beat and that was music to our ears! I've never shared a more amazing moment with my husband than that very moment. There was our little miracle baby right there on the monitor. Truely a dream come true.

Turns out I REALLY like Dr. Rockman. According to him, our baby is healthy and right on track for a pregnancy at that stage. At that point I was 9 weeks 1 day. I am now 10 weeks 4 days and my next appointment isn't until March 6. I'm seriously considering renting one of those dopplers so I can hear the heart beat in between appointments. We'll see.

Stay tuned for updates, rantings, and pictures!









1 comment: