Sunday, February 15, 2009

Why Can't I Sleep?

So, for the past three days I have been waking up at 3:00 am having to visit the ladies room and eat! Seems crazy that my driving forces in life revolve around the bathroom and the kitchen these days. I've been very good about eating pretty well for the most part, although yesterday I gave into my sweet tooth and indulged in a piece a cheese cake, a rootbeer float, and a caramel apple. I vow NEVER to do that again, pregnant or not pregnant! My goal for the next seven months is to eat as healthy as humanly possible. I totally get that a) I'm NOT eating for two adults, and b) what I put into my body matters more now than ever before.

So far my body has been wanting all fruit the entire time. I find it difficult to eat chicken at all, and I'm not eating nearly as much beef as I usually do. Guess I just don't want it right now. My meals consist mostly of oatmeal and tons and tons of fruit. I'm assuming that's a good thing, but I'll have to ask the doctor just in case I need to modify my diet. I'm finding that snacking several times through out the day does help with nausia, which has been great, but nothing stops the sickness in the evening time. I'm pretty much out of commission from about 6:30 on, which I think contributes to the fact that I'm up at 3 am. awwww.........the joys of pregnancy. It's all so very worth it in the end though!

3 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud when I read that you had cheesecake, a rootbeer float, and a caramel apple in one go. Pregnancy cravings, maybe. :)

    If you want some fruit smoothie ideas, just let me know. Since you are craving fruit, you'll probably want different ways to prepare it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! Send me some ideas! I felt terrible once I realized what I ate yesterday because I've been trying to eat so well. Send me any ideas you have. I would really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog, I wish I would have started mine when I was pregnant with my son. I found your blog through Baby Center and I am Pregnant with baby #2 due 9/2/09 :-)

    ReplyDelete