Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm So Anxious!

I can't seem to stop worrying and it's driving me crazy! My next doctor's appointment is scheduled for this Friday, and all I can think about is my baby being ok. I haven't experienced anything that would make me feel otherwise, but I have this anxiety about what the doctor is going to say. I'm a member of the babycenter message board, and for the most part I love it, but every once in a while a post shows up where someone is having to leave the group because they have received bad news about their pregnancies. I keep telling myself that I need to stay positive, but it's really hard for someone as controlling as I tend to be to just let the most important part of my life be left up to fate. There is this part of me that is so positive and sure about everything. That part of me keeps trying to scream louder than the part of me who is so terrified. UGH!!!

Sam had this idea in his head that we were going to wait until March 21 to buy anything for the baby. For whatever reason, he felt safe with that date. Now all of a sudden he's wanting to buy little things for the baby today and I'm so happy about that! I just feel like I need something tangible to connect me to the baby. All of this still seems so abstract to me. Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to find some way to relax and not worry so much. I find that hard to believe, but I can always hope, right?

1 comment:

  1. Maria, I don't know any other couple that deserves to be parents more than you do. Everything will be fine. So far, all the signs point to everything being fine. Just focus on that. :) You'll make it!

    ReplyDelete