Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Phew!


I had my first real scare with this pregnancy yesterday. I had a very quick sharp cramp on my right side that lasted about a second or two. The rest of the morning I was having constant light cramping. Finally around lunch time I got sick of it and called the doctor's office expecting them to tell me over the phone that it's perfectly normal and not to worry. I must have been on hold for hours (slight exaggeration on my part). Finally, the receptionist comes back on the line to tell me to go in to the office in two hours for an ultrasound. I'm freaking out at this point wondering what could be going on. The whole time I was actually cussing myself out for having a cough drop that morning without first running it by my doctor. I was convinced the cough suppressant in the cough drop was poisonous to my baby Bean or something.

I got to the doctor's office about 1:00 and had to wait an hour for the ultrasound tech to get there. OMG I don't think the woman could have been a bigger bitch, but that's totally beside the point. She did the ultrasound and there was my Bean all nice and comfy looking in there taking a cat nap. The tech started moving my tummy around and poking and Bean woke up, waved, put his/her thumb in his/her mouth and went back to sleep. Seriously, it was the most adorable thing I have ever seen in my life! We have something in common! We both don't like to have our naps disturbed. Love it! Anyway, she looked all around at all my inside parts and said that everything was fine. We heard Bean's strong heartbeat and she said that the baby was great.

So, at the end of the day my doctor said that my uterus is just stretching and that's why I was feeling crampy. DOH! I felt silly for a while there, but all my awesome mommy friends have been quick to reassure me that I did the right thing in calling and going in. All I can say is that I'm so happy that that's all it was and my little Bean is all safe and snug in there. The doctor said to keep our appointment for April 9 so we can find out if Bean is a boy or a girl. Hopefully the baby is not as modest as he/she was yesterday or we'll never find out!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad everything is okay! On the bright side, you got to se your baby Bean before April 9. Otherwise, you would've had to wait. :)

    ReplyDelete