Saturday, March 7, 2009

Shopping for Baby Hill

Sam and I went shopping for Bean today and I have to say that it was overwhelming to say the least! We started out at Wal-Mart and then we headed over to Babies R Us. I can't believe that something so seemingly simple as bottles has me so confused that I can't make heads or tails of it all! Glass vs. plastic, bottles that use plastic drop ins, plastic bags vs. plastic tubes for freezing breast milk, oh my goodness! Where do I start? I decided to just wait until next weekend when I go shopping with my mom so she can give me the low down on everything. UGH!!!! I need my mommy!!! haha.....

So, we ended up buying a changing table mattress and some water proof pad for it. We are using a dresser we have as the changing table because it will provide tons of storage with all the drawers. We noticed that that's what the changing tables basically are these days because they are made to convert into dressers further down the road. We are going to sand it down and re-stain it. The changing pad has two straps that drill into the back of the dresser to keep in in place. Once we find out the sex of little Bean, we can go further with buying all of the sheets, the crib and bassinetted sets and all of that great stuff. We are using my crib and bassinette that I used as a baby. Everything is going to be gorgeous!

6 comments:

  1. Are you going to have a baby shower? Let me know where you register so I can send you something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I really didn't want one at first, but my mom, sister, and friends would never let me get away with that. I don't know though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I love shopping. But I'm afraid your honey is right. Gender neutral shopping is for the birds! Lol. I went through that b/c Jaden didn't cooperate at first so I didn't find out what I has having until I was almost 6 months pregnant. So, you will find that almost everything is either more girl or more boy even if its green or yellow. So hopefully your little one will cooperate. I would have "pep talks" with Jaden in the days before my ultrasound! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I refuse to tell him that someone sides with him on this issue! lol....I'll have to pep talk the little one so he/she will let us know who we should be expecting. At first I didn't even want to know, but now I really do. I can't wait! Three more weeks to go! Ugh!!! That's forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you definately do want a baby shower. You can have one minus all the cheezy games! Lol. But by that time you will know what you are having and you will love getting all the cute clothes and cool stuff for the baby. If you love to shop, you will love the babyshower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. You should have a baby shower. Just make it an afternoon to talk and hang out with your friends and get lots of stuff for the Bean.

    ReplyDelete